The Thing called COOKING-4

After all cooking is a paradox. Easy to look at but difficult to carry out. You put in this that give it a stir or boil or fry that's it. But taste? A billion dollar question!


There I wanted to give a twist. Nothing much. I just took them. Instead of tearing the parathas manually, I put them into the mixer and ground for half a minute. It came out coarse and half ground. It was a brilliant move (so thought I at least). 

"You need to rinse the jar" intruded my mom for which I replied with a hushed nod. 

When I put the ground parathas into the tava, my mother was totally puzzled and asked me what for I ground them. I brushed aside the question with a proud smile which added to her curiosity (as I wished). 

By then she had completed her works and stood there just to assist me or at least to remind me if I forgot anything important. As I am bound to forget this or that while cooking. 

If truth be said, it was due to my mother's presence and her assistance that the recipe turned out decently well. 

Finally when I added coriander leaves with the almost done recipe, a divine aroma wafted all around the kitchen. 

When I was about to transfer the dish into a serving bowl, my mom elbowed me and told me to taste. Oh yes! The knack I had for plating took the better of me that I forgot tasting what I knocked up on the tava! Finally I took a spoon and tasted it. It was discouragingly disappointing after all!

The texture was appetising, aroma was captivating but TASTE was missing. A bland and insipid morsel which let my face lose its colour. My mom understood the reason and gave me her pro ideas that really helped me make it up. 

I added some more spoons of tomato ketchup and sprinkled an array of seasonings and a dash of lemon juice which miraculous did the work. Finally I scooped some and fed that to my mother (fingers crossed!!) She widened her lips in an approving smile which assured me that it tasted good. 

On that day I realized more than tasting, preparing our own food is immensely pleasure giving and worth a try. And having mothers around while cooking is not life threatening rather life saving!


Comments

  1. Very interesting to read maha. I can feel my self inside your kitchen. 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet of you to mention that, ANONYMOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE FIRST FLIGHT!!!🥳🥳🥳

Movie Review (Dunki)

The Barricades