Drink that heals and seals my soul!!!


You are the panacea of Indian subcontinent; the quick fix that every mother knows.  I've been seeing you since my childhood. It's strange to notice when and how exactly I started loving you. Whenever you were offered to me, I remember.... I threw tantrum; my eyes drooped in displeasure; lips were pursed; tongue lurched in disgust and my nerves turned numb. 

But these days it's entirely different. 

Cold? You! 

Throat pain? You!

Fever?You!

Indigestion? You!

Sourness? You!

How can you be a solution to these many problems? The very thought of having you relieves me of all my discomforts. The refreshing, soothing aroma... the delicious sweet sip with a perfect tinge of peppery-spice... That's divinely delicious!!! 

Turmeric milk -the single drink; a perfect home remedy for almost all the ailments, prescribed and concocted by the mothers of India. Take just a glass of lukewarm milk, sprinkle a few pinches of  ground pepper, add in two teaspoons of palm sugar. Tadaaa... the spell is cast! 

How unique your taste is! A perfect spicy sweetness. I'm always amused by your colour and texture. You come out in various shades of yellow. When I prepare, you turn out to be canary yellow, sometimes with flaxen shade indicating the excessive pepper. You come out in my ever favourite shade -- a perfect spotless cadmium yellow, only when my mom prepares. 

Whichever may be the shade you have been a terrible past but a soothing present. You show me the unpredictability of life -- the thing once be dreaded can even turn out to be loved fondly.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE FIRST FLIGHT!!!🥳🥳🥳

Movie Review (Dunki)

The Barricades