🔎Treasure hunt at Mom's place🤩🔎📚

Visiting mom's place after a while is a sheer privilege. As I had been away for more than half a year, I received nothing short of a royal treatment— Sweets, snacks, drinks and beverages were served in regular intervals, as if it would be a sin to leave even an inch of my tummy empty. My dad and mom were so much into the task that my ever-elongating tummy went on a strike and put up an invisible "houseful" board.With that mind numbing feed, I couldn't help but battle with drowsiness.

To stay awake, I was combing through my shelf for some new stuffs. There was a book that caught my attention. It was kept precariously on top of my neatly arranged files and folders. 


When I pulled it out, a bookmark fell down to my feet. It read, "Just one more page" I felt as if the bookmark wanted me to read the book. (more like an infant, seeking its mother's attention.)
I took it at hand and tucked it carefully back into the book. 

When I peered into the cover page, it sported, "Think Like a Monk" by "Jay Shetty" and his serene face blooming with a scintillating smile. 

Self help and such non-fiction books are certainly not my cup of tea. But this man's videos and social media posts had been a great spurt of optimism during my lockdown days. His soothing words had put an end to my tossing and turning at those sleepless nights. The very image dragged back the ideas and wisdom I gained listening to his few minutes-long-videos.

It had also been quite a long time since I sat back with a book. Hence I dived deep into his words once again. As I read word by word, I heard his voice being echoed.


(to be continued...)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE FIRST FLIGHT!!!🥳🥳🥳

Movie Review (Dunki)

The Barricades