The Awesome Day-3

 After what seemed to be 10 minutes there came out a shriek, "Ma'ammmmm...." I entered the class, keeping a poker face, battling with excitement. 

"What?" I asked as if I didn't know why he shouted. "Hey, see here! Ma'am has come in the newspaper!!", announced the boy whom I had scolded just then. The happiness in his voice was priceless. Within seconds, almost half of the class gathered around the paper, as if that was the one and only paper available in the whole classroom. 

I banged on the bench once, twice and stopped realising that it was ineffective. But their screaming was so unbearable that I went straight to the epicenter— the last bench where the boys had surged into a mob. When I reached there, they showed the paper to me and started asking numerous questions, half of which I hardly remember now.

It took some minutes together for me to calm them. I expected them to read the article and appreciate the content. But they seemed too excited even to have a glance. Their focus was on my photo. And it was a sheer fun hearing their duffer chit-chats. I tried to evade them by explaining what had made me write such an article on storytelling. To my surprise, they kept calm and listened to me for a while. 

Meanwhile, I spotted a boy in the second bench snipping the newspaper. As he noticed me, watching him, he gave a sheepish grin and went on with his work. I didn't stop him though, as I was so curious to see what he was up to.



(To be continued....)

Comments

  1. I loved the way you expressed your happiness, superb...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE FIRST FLIGHT!!!🥳🥳🥳

Movie Review (Dunki)

The Barricades