Strange Incident-2

"Yeah! It happened three days ago. When we started spotting mouse droppings nearby our entrance continuously for a week, we couldn't help feeling disgusted. So I asked my mom to do something to get rid of that invisible mouse. Soon we embarked on the mission of killing that. Rat poison was brought. My dad, being an expert in demonstrating how to work with all the products that are present in his shop started explaining how to trap the mouse to taste the poison. It didn't sound so cruel to me by then. 

After all the ecosystem itself is modelled in such a way. Rodents are vulnerable creatures in the chain. Though they help us in many ways, we can't stand their mischiefs. We ultimately choose to kill them. 

So without much ado, I listened to my dad's Lecdem. As my dad instructed, I grabbed a ripe tomato, sliced it into pieces, brushed the poison on either side of each slice and placed them in various dingy areas— under the staircase, below the topmost railing, beneath my scooty,..etc. The next morning when I went to sweep, I could find no difference. The tomato slices hadn't been bitten. The second day also showed no improvement and the third day, to our surprise, we didn't find any droppings that would dirty our entrance. And finally the mission accomplished. We grew satisfied as there would be no more mouse to dirty the entrance or to bite off the essentials."

I felt a sudden rush of guilt overpowering me remembering that selfish act of mine. "The mother mouse must have been killed by the poison I kept", I said dully. My soppy mom nodded in agreement, all the while carrying the box with those tiny tots in it. I couldn't make out what she was about to do with those orphaned little mice. She told that she would keep the box near the ditch downstairs so that they would not at least be trampled to death. I felt that to be a sensible act. 

But there are these meows heard at nights lately. But I didn't want to tell that to my mom as it would bother her further. I wished that those little poor mice shouldn't fall prey to feline appetite. (What else can be done) 

That incident taught me a lesson... Let it be animals, birds or even rodents.. all have their families and children. It created an everlasting impact and made me take an oath never to kill any creature under any circumstances.

Every life counts!!!

Comments

  1. Rat be like : than unavil visham kalanthiruppathai unargirar bodhidharman

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE FIRST FLIGHT!!!🥳🥳🥳

Movie Review (Dunki)

The Barricades