That New Venture-3

When all the rocks finally budged...

After all, life is all about giving things a try. I was ready for everything. Kani bro's words kept resonating in my mind.... "Push your limits!" That sounded more real than my petty inhibitions. I mustered all my guts to believe firmly that I am in for the trip, howsoever troublesome it might turn out to be. Of course my stupid mind gave me thousand weird reasons to turn it down. It started convincing me against my will. I felt myself trapped between good angel and bad angel just like Dr.Faustus!

You have severe cold, three bundles of papers to correct, have to avail leave and worst of all to make deputations for the classes...  For a moment I wondered if I availed leave, would the world of SRV come to a standstill? Certainly not, answered my conscience. "You have to push your limits, Maha because nobody else can do that for you!", my copycat mind reiterated. 

Then I took a deep breath and pondered over all those funny chatterings where these silly folks of mine would tempt me with their adventurous tales of riding on their bikes on hilly areas, unplanned Saturday evening visits, foolhardy trips to "not-so-safe" areas, shoppings, visits to motels and dhabas, marriages and family functions. All those funny chatterings now seemed to sneer at me for having been a flake out all my life and been a recluse who had never bothered to try new things that would challenge my propensity.

However let's put a big full stop here. I pushed aside all those discouraging thoughts and waited for the "deciding authority" to come online. It never seemed to happen. Impatient me! texted him, seeking permission. To my surprise, in my favour came a quick reply— "There is no need for seeking permission. Have a nice trip." 

I felt awe! All the rocks had been moved aside except for my dad. He was of course the easiest of all. Whatever I ask for, he is modelled to give a green signal. But this time it was not that easy for him to say a quick yes. After all the trip was for two whole days in a different place with a troop of ninety plus complete strangers. But I was convinced that the"deciding authority" would talk to my dad on behalf of me if he denied.  It was so heartening that it came out of blue from an unexpected end. I felt increasingly confident and thought it was the almighty's willing to send me. (ignore my excessive sentiments!!!)

And finally it was 10pm when my dad flicked the calling bell. I opened with a childlike grin, looking forward to asking him for his approval. Hardly did I open my mouth, my dad levelled the questions, "Amma told me that you were going to Kerala? When are you leaving?"  
"This weekend, paa.." I replied as innocently as possible. He let out an encouraging smile and I asked even more innocently, "Is it safe for me to go trekking?... You see it's very first time?". He, being aware of my intentions asked me back, "What if I said no?"
"Eeeww... Leave that, paa..." with that I escaped. I didn't want to mess with him further. Else he would ruin my plan jovially. 

What else then. "The last rock turned out to be a pebble!!!", I said to myself and rang Nish to inform her of my parents' approval. She seemed to be happier than me. With a content smile I hung up. 

Oh God! I forgot that entirely...



(To be continued...)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE FIRST FLIGHT!!!🥳🥳🥳

Movie Review (Dunki)

The Barricades