The Thing called COOKING-1


"When are you going to learn cooking?" is a clichéd, irritating question that every single girl has to face and dodge. Especially Indian girls. Their mothers never get bored of posing such a monotonous question to their daughters even after knowing that the answers will never satisfy them. My mother is not an exception after all. 

No Sunday can escape without our heated discussion on cooking, or a brawl if not at least my mother's lengthy sermon on the inevitability of cooking in a woman's life. Last Sunday for some reasons unknown I was determined to put a fullstop to this unending affair. "What's the big deal about cooking? After all we have YouTube on which thousands of people waiting just for our single finger tap to share with us their delicious recipes. 

I rushed to mom, "Mommmyyy.. I'm gonna cook today! But I can spare only 30minutes!!! Happy? Just tell me what I have to cook", I went on. 

It was actually half past one when it dawned on me to help her in cooking. My mom was about to complete everything. Only the side dish had to be made. Even the veggies had been rinsed and kept on the ledge to be chopped.

My mother looked from the veggies to me. Quite disapprovingly of course.  "Oh! Finally you came? But not needed. Go off the kitchen! I am already done with everything. If you are that desperate to do something, chop these vegetables.", my mother blurted out. 

Though it was a dent to my fascination, I took the knife and was about to chop them. "Don't touch before washing your hands! Cut them into cubes and they have to be equal in size! Do like this! Do like that!...."  the typical perfectionist's taunts came out rushing out of my mom's mouth before the knife hit the chopping board. 

You can never satisfy your mother when it comes to chopping the vegetables. I really can't understand why all the cubes have to be in same size and all the onions have to be diced in same width. Clearly no idea! 

Cutting, slicing, dicing, chopping, mincing, .... What an extraordinary affair! I decided that I would rather leave that too to my mom and would try something more interesting instead.


(To be continued...)

Comments

  1. I feel like,I were in your kitchen and watching all.very realistic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So kind of you to mention that

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE FIRST FLIGHT!!!🥳🥳🥳

Movie Review (Dunki)

The Barricades