The Thing called COOKING-3


"What are you up to now? Don't look for anything. There is nothing!", spouted my mom from nowhere. Only then I noticed that she had returned from the dining hall with the chopped vegetables to the kitchen.

Awe! I was caught red-handed. Besides, I felt bad that she thought I was in search of something to eat when actually I wanted to learn or experiment with cooking. How discouraging?

Sometimes mothers are like this. Extremely judgemental and not at all empathetic. I guess, they even think that their daughters are good for nothing when it comes to cooking. Anyways I pulled up the train of thoughts and answered her rather gruffly.

"I'm gonna prepare something delicious, mum. And I can do it on my own! No assistance is needed you see! " "Oh! wash the vessels too then. I won't bother. Else leave at once!", said she apathetically. 

"What mom? On one hand you want me to cook on the other hand shooing me away from the kitchen?" With that said, I went on with my work without waiting for her response and even she was too engrossed in her mission to talk much.

But I could feel that one of her eyes was glued on me despite her rush. I didn't bother much as I was focusing on my preparation. I replayed the video for one last time and went again to the tava. 

Turned on the burner. Poured in some spoons of oil, added spices. When I was about to give a stir, I found no ladle or spoon around. When I turned I saw my mom stretching that out for me. Lovely mom after all. With an embarrassed and equally thankful grin I grabbed the ladle and started stiring the tava. After what seemed a minute, I added the diced onions then tomatoes then capsicums one by one in equal time intervals so that they are cooked and merged well.

It let out a tempting aroma which even let my mom peer at the tava. With the air of pride I went further. Added the needed sauces and salt. Then it was time for adding parathas. There I wanted to give a twist. 


(To be continued...)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE FIRST FLIGHT!!!🥳🥳🥳

Movie Review (Dunki)

The Barricades