My dear 12 years of schooling,

My dear 12 years of schooling, I seem to miss you at times. The pain and pleasure you have given me are immense. With A..B..C.. you started teaching me. It took more than a decade for you to teach me 26 alphabet and infinite numbers. You have seen many such miserable students. Some cope with you; others don't. A few even leave you for goodness sake. Whom you  baptise, "DROPOUTS"! But still, you manage to create so many parrots who go all around the world with flying colours.

In my case, 
You were a mixture of everything!!! You let me have a gala time during leisure periods; you made me laugh with my friends during lunch hours, merrily over snatching one another's food; you let me tremble with fear for not having finished that one problem from Chapter-9.5; you taught me the thing called betrayal when my close friend availed leave on the day of the classtest without alerting me.

You were a source of enlightenment!!! You taught me what oneness was by giving me friends who can still stand by my side in all the adversities of life. You showed me life's problems were  not so terrible as Mathematics' problems; You proved me even a travelfreak couldn't score five out of five in Maps in History and Geography; and finally you let me realise that no one could teach a poem better than our Eliza Miss!!! 

But, you were a terrible failure too! You failed to show the wider world outside the school campus!; the people apart from school friends and tuition mates! lessons that can be learnt only out of the texts! You failed to show me that mugging things to score marks is not more important than spending time in honing my skills. You failed to answer the then emerging questions of my curious mind and stiffled them. 

You set an ultimatum— the so-called"Progress card" which could never show any of my progresses except in retention and retrieval of those mugged-up data. You tricked me to believe that the teachers were the happiest creatures in the world with unpredictable temper, without showing me the reasons behind their temper. 

On the whole, you sucked my entire ten+ years and robbed me of my childhood bliss. You never let me know the reality and kept engaging me in the pointless ratrace of scoring marks more than my classmates. However I am the outcome of those miserable bittersweet years I spent with you. Now I'm a teacher myself and reminiscing my teachers who had ignited in me the quest to learn and Excel in life.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE FIRST FLIGHT!!!🥳🥳🥳

Movie Review (Dunki)

The Barricades