Teachers' Day-out -1 (An offer out of the blue)

"Are you joining us this Wednesday? For a one day trip?", asked Mrs.Uma, one of my senior colleagues cum friend, when I was having my evening tea at the tea point.  That was how it all started. 
"One day trip? On Wednesday? But where?", I questioned. 
"To Nagapattinam and from there to Velankanni", replied another colleague with sparkling eyes. 

For a split second I felt ecstatic, imagining my self wading through the ebbing and flowing waves and building castles in the seashore under the soothingly warm sun. But soon came back to senses and charged them with my questions, "Wednesday? That's only one day. How can we go to those faraway places and come back within a day? Will there be any time left to enjoy?" 

"Oh yeah! We can enjoy. Everything has been planned; morning 6:30 we have a train to Nagapattinam which reaches there at 8:30am; from there by a tourist van we reach Velankanni; there we shall straight away go to the beach and have fun there for some hours then we shall go shopping if interested." she elaborated.

My limiting mind reminded me of my travel sickness and some hundred other reasons to decline the offer. But I just loved the plan and the sparkle in her eyes when she explained the entire plan to me. So without making much ado, I said, "Yes!" Yes to all the funs and fortunes that were to be unleashed.

I even thought of taking my mom along. See.... Having our moms around during gala times is an adventure they always tend to bridle us where as we, trot and gallop . but still I genuinely wanted to set her free from all her daily hustles at least for a day. So I told my colleagues that we would both join them on the day and asked them to book tickets for us. They gave me a cheerful thumbs up; I bade them bye and left the tea point satisfied. 


(To be continued...)

Comments

  1. Hats off! This is genuinely an impressive narration, awaiting eagerly for the continuation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE FIRST FLIGHT!!!🥳🥳🥳

Movie Review (Dunki)

The Barricades