Teachers' Day-out -2 (Agonies of an introvert)

When I reached the staffroom, I rang my mom up and told her all about our plans for the day out. She was equally excited but told me that she couldn't join us on that day. I tried in vain to convince her but she didn't budge. It seemed she had bigger fish to fry on that day. It was the first dent to my enthu. I didn't relent though... asked some of the teacher-friends of my age group to join us but they too denied it without giving a second thought. 

I felt a bit dejected as there wouldn't be anybody of my age group who could give me company and along with whom I could do funky things. Of course Mrs.Uma and other colleagues are undoubtedly best companions; they had even been my well-wishers and had helped me many a time. But something in me told me that I would be left alone and would be restricted from having wild fun. But I didn't disclose my worries to them. On Tuesday, the day before the BIG DAY, we all gathered for a brief discussion. We were totally eleven

It was finalized that the tickets would be booked shortly. Mrs.Uma's son took charge of it. We were all asked to give our names and age details for ticket reservation. When I saw the list I was pleasantly surprised. There were totally 25 people including their family members. 

Some had written their children's names, some, their spouse's. Mrs.Megala went a step further. She had written even her cousins' and neighbors' names. But still my curious eyes rushed to check their age. It was again a disappointment— some were elder and some were younger to me. Even some of them were my students. 

The introvert inside me came to conclusion that I was going to be an odd one out among them all. But still, cowed down by their excessive love and persuasion, I wrote my name and needed details without knowing the impending fun and happiness that were to be unleashed!!!



(To be continued...)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE FIRST FLIGHT!!!🥳🥳🥳

Movie Review (Dunki)

The Barricades