My Hostel Days-5 (Expect the unexpected!!!)

I didn't stand there any further; wiped my tears and ran to my room. Even when I was getting ready, my eyes didn't stop shedding tears. I was too down to think anything about the very first day of my school. Got ready mechanically, packed the bag with newly wrappered books, rough notebook and a pouch with needed stationery and then left the room. 

As it was the very first day of the year, the students went to the warden's cabin to sign the register. When I reached the ground floor, I saw the queue extending till the bin. "Ooph....this too!!" I went and joined them meekly. 

When I was about to sign the register, Megala miss was there too, sipping her sizzling coffee. Her scrutinizing eyes went on to see the queue. There were three more girls from the box room to sign. She asked me, "What's your name and room number?" When I replied, she gestured me to stay aside and wait. The remaining three girls signed and left the hostel cheerfully. 

For a minute I couldn't understand why she let me wait then my over thinking brilliant brain revealed me that it would be due to the morning tamasha.  I thought that she would scold me or at least would lecture me but she did neither. 

She just asked me casually, "have your water bags gone dry?" Of course it irritated me even more and I was burning like hell. But somehow managed to reply "yes miss!" Then what she did was totally out of the blue. 

She extended her (then famous) Nokia mobile to me. I was awestruck. "Miss?!" I let out feebly. She as usual maintained her pokerface and went further "come on... talk.." 

I saw the screen; I couldn't believe my blurry vision. My mom's number had been dialed and this time my mom too picked the call. My happiness knew no bounds. I spoke with her for some two minutes; returned her mobile with due respect and thanked her profusely. 

Her response was epic— "so... don't flood my room with your tears hereafter." I of course spread a smile across my face; this time perfectly in love with her humour sense. Still I couldn't figure out how she got my mom's number. With that puzzled look, I went to school leaving behind all my worries.


(To be continued...)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE FIRST FLIGHT!!!🥳🥳🥳

Movie Review (Dunki)

The Barricades