The Old Familiar Faces -1 (Dr.Sagayam)

Last night I was tossing and turning on the bed. It was quarter past eleven but still I couldn't sleep due to that terrible cold and high temperature. It was horribly draughty outside. I stood up numerous times— once to go to the washbasin to blow my nose, then to draw the window curtain; later to turn on the mosquito repellent; then to this; then to that but they were all in vain. 

The worst of all was my stuffy nose. It felt as if I were so many meters deep below the sea level ( that too without any fancy scuba set). Even my throat was out of my league. I started coughing. It went on until my mom lashing out at me for having skipped my after-dinner pills. (My aversion to medicine is unfathomable!!!)

Without much ado, I went to the kitchen to take my pills. Those three gray pouches had already been kept on the table for me. I swallowed them mechanically; slurped the hot water from my tumbler and went back to bed. It was half past eleven and I lost my hope of sleeping at least a wink. 

After so many such deliberations I was adjusting my bedsheet. It was then I heard my dad and sister debating on something and my brain drifted there.


(To be continued...)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE FIRST FLIGHT!!!🥳🥳🥳

Movie Review (Dunki)

The Barricades