Anecdotes from the life of a literature student-I


Life had ever been whimsical for me as a literature student; every day would be a day of endless fun and adventure. After all the twelve suffocating years of schooling, I chose English literature as my career. As always nobody was there to hurdle my path. It's always"YOUR LIFE YOUR WAY" kind of parenting that my mom and dad provide me (conditions applied, though)

The initial days of under graduation were carefree and comforting. The professors were empathetic too. I was undoubtedly happy with that newly gained freedom. How proud I felt, to be called a literature student! How humiliating it was when I accidently responded "present MISS" instead of "present MA'AM" to the roll call! 

Freshers'day, sports day, culturals, seminars, conferences, expos, farewell party, this that and everything filled our hearts besides filling our mobile galleries. Months rolled by; cycle tests occured; semesters approached; holidays passed. But I remained the same.

Those were the days of pure joy and innocence. I didn't understand that I was in a competitive world where mere merriments wouldn't help in earning my bread or meeting my parents' expectations. 

All the words of our professors seemed to be monotonously same and didn't make any sense. I continued to enjoy our college days. Bindass!!!

Canteen, mess, assembly hall, bus shed, even library turned out to be a place to have fun. 

It was only by the end of the third year, undergraduation that eye-opening incident took place. After that I was not the same thoughtless one who pointlessly whiled away time doing nothing except having fun!

(To be continued...)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE FIRST FLIGHT!!!🥳🥳🥳

Movie Review (Dunki)

The Barricades