My Hostel Days-2 (the eve that wasn't...)



It was the first ever evening all alone without my parents to pamper; without my silly sister to boss around; with a pair of random strangers. It felt terribly suffocating to be inside those four dimly painted walls with some scribblings here and there. I didn't feel like talking to anyone. All I could do was to unpack my briefcase and verify the belongings for the nth time— wallet with some fifties; pouch full of jingling coins ( to put into the coinbox Phone) accompanied with a brand new pocket diary, in which all my parents, relatives and friends' contact numbers had been written (As if I were to be allowed to talk leisurely) 
I just sat on the bed, contemplating my house which would have become ominously silent without me having trivial brawls with my sister to make it a messy mansion. 
Never in my life I had felt that much lonely as I felt on that evening. It was 6:30pm; it started to dim, I turned on the light which stuttered a bit and came to life. Then I went out of the room just to have a stroll. To stroll amidst a perfectly strange crowd, such I had never even seen in my life. 
It was there opposite to our room, I saw Suji, a girl from Coimbatore. She was also lonely and probably in search of someone who could let her feel at home. For no reason I could feel a sudden rush of kinship for her. I went further and initiated a conversation. She was reluctant at first but gradually picked up the same rapport I felt. Her Coimbatore slang was mesmerising too. We both whiled away some time chitchattering. 
It was at 7:45pm that the junior warden miss came room by room to mark attendance so I had to run back to my room. Finally the mess bell went and I had to have my first ever dinner in the hostel mess along with Suji and her roommates.
Trust me it was delicious (for first few days...)
After the dinner we went back to our rooms, bidding a big bye-bye. Throughout the night I was tossing here and there on the bed fast-forwarding the day's events and thinking about the new-school-life. I was literally sleep-deprived the next morning yet excited about the first-day at school.

To be continued....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE FIRST FLIGHT!!!🥳🥳🥳

Movie Review (Dunki)

The Barricades